On this week I read, I introduce what as become an fascination of mine – dating and relationship books. One of my life goals is to become a relationship expert. Not an expert at HAVING relationships, an expert on how other people do, see?
Anyways, I read Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari. You’ve probably heard of this book – it’s kind of a big deal. Unlike the other celebrity books that have come out in the past few years, this one is not a memoir, cookbook, or autobiography. It is a social study of modern relationships as explored through focus groups, audience interactions during comedy shows, and interviews with psychologists, sociologists, and relationship experts. It’s informative, it presents some fascinating ideas about dating and technology, and it has that wonderful hint of Aziz humor that we know and love. A great book if you’re:
- single and want to get into online dating
- frustrated with your lack of online dating success
- don’t understand what the deal is with online dating and why all these people are doing it
- studying to become a relationship expert
- really into Aziz Ansari
- need some interesting factoids to spice up your conversations during awkward social interactions
I personally am doing a bit of 4, 5, AND 6.